Trusts & Estates Disputes & Administration
Our attorneys handle trust and estate administration and contested proceedings in New York Surrogate’s Courts on behalf of fiduciaries, creditors, beneficiaries, spouses, family members, and relatives of a deceased person.
Areas of Focus
- Accounting proceedings
- Appointment and removal of fiduciaries
- Beneficiary rights
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Creditors’ rights
- Discovery and turnover proceedings
- Distribution disputes
- Estate administration proceedings (contested and uncontested)
- Estate disputes
- Fiduciary removal and suspension proceedings
- Fraudulent conveyance proceedings
- Kinship proceedings
- Partition and sale of real property
- Probate proceedings (contested and uncontested)
- Prosecution and defense of creditors’ claims against trusts and estates
- Spousal rights
- Trust administration (contested and uncontested)
- Trust disputes
- Turnover proceedings
- Will disputes
- Will and trust construction proceedings
- Obtained cancellation of a lender’s non-judicial lien foreclosure sale of an estate’s shares in a cooperative apartment corporation, permitting the administratrix of the estate to close on her contract to sell the cooperative unit to an arms-length purchaser, resulting in a profit to the estate.
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of the deceased’s spouse in proceedings where the spouse asserted that the deceased’s siblings had wrongfully taken possession of the deceased’s assets and the deceased’s siblings alleged that the spouse was not entitled to any inheritance because she had allegedly abandoned her marriage to the deceased.
We invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation.